HOW IS TIPS CANADA INVOLVED IN PUBLIC SAFETY
WHY ALL CANADIANS NEED MEDICAL TRAINING
of Canadians have been in an emergency situation where they had to perform first aid.
of heart attacks occur at home, so CPR training is most likely to help loved ones at home.
of Canadians say they are confident they could recognize a heart attack or cardiac arrest.
of Canadians say they have never taken a first aid course.
In Ontario, all employers must be trained with Emergency or Standard First Aid in accordance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act; enforced by the Ministry of Labour.
Research shows that Canadians who have first aid training can reduce their own personal injuries by as much as 30%.
The use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) can save the lives of 30% or more of those who suffer cardiac arrest. When defibrillation is delayed, survival rates decrease to approximately 50% at 5 minutes. The earlier defibrillation occurs, the better the prognosis.
Each year there are over 2 million Canadians injured unintentionally. This translates into the statistic of 6,000 unintentional injuries per day or 250 per hour of each day.
- TIPS-PSA Medical Training Services
- TIPS-PSA Homecare Services
- TIPS-PSA Research and Development (R&D)
- TIPS-PSA Disaster and Emergency Management Training
- TIPS-PSA First Responders and Emergency Medical Responders
- TIPS-PSA Search and Rescue Training and Response
- TIPS-PSA Health and Safety Training and Consultation Services
- TIPS-PSA Physical and Digital Security Training and Consultation Services
- TIPS-PSA Human Resources Management
OUR TRAINING PROGRAMS
Tips Canada and the Tips Canada – Public Safety Alliance ensure that every program is staffed with certified instructors to provide the highest level of teaching excellence to all our students.
- First Aid Programs
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Programs
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Programs
- Disaster and Emergency Management (DEM) Programs
- Search and Rescue (SAR) Programs
- Global Emergency Medical Services (GEMS) Programs
- Refugee and Newcomer Training for Society Integration into Canada Programs
- Other Programs (Coming Soon):